The Fremantle Business Awards began its life when the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce celebrated 125 years of service to the business community with the inaugural Business of the Year Award on 6 June 1998. A gala dinner was held at the Esplanade Hotel Fremantle with a spectacular visual and audio presentation.
Following the success of this event, the second Awards Gala was held on 12 June 1999, again at the Esplanade Hotel Fremantle. The Awards became the Fremantle regional finals for the Telstra Small Business Awards. That year, two new categories were added – Retailer of the Year and a Tour Guide of the Year Award.
In 2000, Hartley Poynton joined forces with the Chamber and the awards were renamed Hartley Poynton Fremantle Business Awards 2000. The gala event was held on 10 June 2000 at the Esplanade Hotel Fremantle. Victor Paino was the first businessman inducted into the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce Hall of Fame, for outstanding community work, as a member of the public and business community.
Since then the Fremantle Business Awards have become a fixture in the Fremantle events calendar and continues to grow in size.
The Chamber is committed to holding this event on an annual basis, with the next Business Awards to be held on the Friday, 12 June 2015, at The Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges.
Download the Entrant Pack or contact Victoria Willetts on email@example.com.
Please read the guidelines and submit your entry by Friday, 1st May 2015.
- The submission must be no more than 10 A4 pages (double-sided).
- Font must be 12 point Times New Roman or Arial and must be on white paper.
- The submission must contain no less than three images within the application. All images must also to be provided on either a disc or USB (for visual display on the night).
- All questions must be answered under the headings provided. Entrants must state the question then answer within the submission. Unanswered questions will attract zero points.
- Photos and diagrams should be included in the body of the submission where possible.
- Entrants cannot enter more than three categories.
- Entrants must provide (3) three hard copies of the submission/s for each category entered and must be delivered to the Fremantle Chamber office between 9am and 5pm
There will be a selection of finalists in each category, entrants that are awarded 70% or above in their submission will immediately become a finalist.
All entrants will receive a complimentary ticket per category entered to the Fremantle Business Awards Ceremony. Winners will also feature in the Fremantle Gazette's coverage of the evening.
Images provided by the Finalists will be used in a presentation to be shown on the Awards Night. Finalists may be approached by the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce to provide additional images, if required.
1. The judging panel consists of business people selected for their business knowledge.
2. The judging panel reviews submissions, selects finalists and arranges site visits, where necessary.
3. Finalists will be notified and asked to provide additional information, if required, by the judging panel.
4. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. Entry to all categories is open to businesses who engage in business activities in Fremantle.
2. Entrants must have a current ABN.
3. Entrants must have engaged in business activities within the Fremantle and surrounding areas for at least 12 months.
4. The awards are designed to recognise the contributions of these businesses to the economic life of Fremantle and the surrounding region.
5. The judging panel will not only look at the success of the business, but the nominee's drive and entrepreneurial spirit.
1) Answer the questions as if you are selling yourself to someone.
3) Applications will be destroyed one month after the awards night unless arrangements are made for return of application at applicant’s expense.
4) Each category is judged separately. Do not have “refer to.... “ comments in your application.
5) Entries must meet the following requirements:
a. The submission must be no more than 10 A4 pages (double-sided).
b. Font must be 12 point Times New Roman or Arial and must be on white paper.
c. The submission must contain three (3) to ten (10) images, within the application. All images must also to be provided via USB (for visual display, on the night).
d. All questions must be answered under the headings provided. Ie. Entrants must state the question then answer within the submission. Unanswered questions will attract zero points.
e. Photos and diagrams should be included in the body of the submission where possible.
f. Entrants cannot enter more than three categories.
g. Entrants must provide (3) three hard copies of the submission/s for each category entered and must be delivered to the Fremantle Chamber office, 16 Phillimore Street Fremantle between 9am and 5pm. Deadline date is Friday, 1st of May 2015.
The closing date for entry is Friday, 1 May 2015
The information contained in submissions will remain strictly confidential and will only be accessible to the judging panel.